TRAVEL & SKETCH in TRAVELER'S notebook with Janet Takahashi
Date: 8/28 Sunday 11:30 – 14:00 PT
Location: San Francisco Pen Show 2022 (more information here). This ticket does not include the entrance fee of the pen show which needs to be purchased separately.
Open to all levels. Limit to 20 students. (1 ticket maximum per order)
Add colors to your next trip by learning how to document them in your TRAVELER’S notebook. Aside from taking photos with your phone, capture highlights through doodles, sketches, and words on paper. Each time you open your TRAVELER’S notebook and see those memories, it’s as if you’re traveling all over again.
Artist and Urban Sketcher Janet Takahashi is an avid TRAVELER’S notebook user and loves capturing scenes and stories in her travels with her sketchbook and paintbox. She will take you on an imaginary trip through San Francisco, documenting snippets of the day trip with drawings and journaling. Learn how to add watercolor to your pages with a simple setup, you can TRAVEL and SKETCH anytime, anywhere with TRAVELER’S notebook. Learn more about Janet Takahashi at https://janettakahashi.com/
INCLUDED: A pre-assembled set of TRAVELER’S notebook Watercolor Paper Notebook (Regular Size) and scrapbooking ephemera
- Learn tips and techniques for sketching on the go with a few essential tools and your TRAVELER’S notebook.
- Drawing and simple watercolor techniques
- Combine lettering and visuals within a page layout
- Record your observations on your journey
- For all levels (beginner-friendly)
SUPPLIES (Bring your own):
- Pencil, eraser, ruler, glue sticks
- Fountain pen with water-proof ink (eg. Platinum Carbon ink, Sailor Pigment Ink Seibouku/Souboku)
- Pigment ink pens, waterproof (eg. Uniball Pin Fineliner, or Sakura Pigma Micron PN)
- Small travel set or portable travel palette of your choice
- Watercolor brush or water brush. Round No. 6 – No. 8 or a water-filled barrel-type water brush.
*Watercolor brushes and empty palettes are available to purchase at TRAVELER’S COMPANY USA booth). Watercolor paint, paper towels, water containers, washi tape, scissors, and glue sticks will be available at the workshop.
*Details such as the workshop room location at the pen show venue will be announced closer to the date of the event. We may also contact you with follow up details, so please keep an eye out for any updates in inbox in case it goes to your promotion/spam folders. Please email email@example.com if you have any questions or concern.